Friday 11 March 2016

Why I Started A Blog

'My journey hasn't been easy, but I'm still... standing, laughing, forgiving, loving, learning & living. I'm perfectly imperfect & unapologetically me.'
- Unknown

I am still very new to blogging and just wanted to write a quick message about why I started.

Before I go on, the reason I decided to write this now is because today, well yesterday as it's after midnight, my blog has had it's highest amount of views since I started. Charlotte Dakota's has had 967 views (11/03/2016) in the one day. Now I am fully aware this may not seem like many to most bloggers but to go from 157 the day before to over 900 the next day it was a little overwhelming. 

I never thought so many people would read my posts. While I think this is fantastic, it is also a tad worrying as it means I will know doubt upset more people. 

On my personal Facebook account I have been writing long posts to friends for years and had quite a few saying I should start a blog, then finally last year I did.

I did NOT start writing for other people, I started writing for me. 

When I first set my blog up I started to research information about blogs, how other people did it etc. I was told the way to have a successful blog was to pick a category. Beauty, Fashion, Travel etc. But I didn't want to write for success, I wanted to write for me.

My blog is 1st for me and 2nd for the World. It is my personal journey where I will write about what I want to write about, no matter which category it falls into. 

I have never been the type of person that falls into a certain topic. My passions change all the time, well I add to my passions should I say.

Also I am a very emotional person and when I say emotional I don't mean sad, upset type of person, I mean every emotion you can think of. Sometimes I'm super excited about something, sometimes I'm super angry. 

I am not the type of person who will write with other people in mind, I will not think 'will this offend anyone?' 

I go with my heart, I will write with passion and I hope when you read my posts that is what you notice. You may not always agree with some things I write. You may get angry or upset by them, or you may totally agree with me and think, 'yes I'm not alone'. But either way, whether you like them or not, I hope you notice that I write from the heart and I write what I want.

Please feel free to keep on reading my articles. I would love for you, and invite you to follow me on my blogging journey. And hopefully over time both myself and you (the readers) will be able to see my progress. Where I have grown, learnt, changed and maybe even improved on my writing skills. I want to see where my life was and how my passions have led me to different areas of discussion. 

Thank you to all of my readers. I am over the moon you have been able to read my posts and I do hope you enjoy them. If you don't, please do not take any of it personal (unless I guess I've named you directly haha). 

Just take my posts for what they are. I do not intend to upset or offend anyone but if I do along the way I am sorry but this is me. I am imperfectly perfect and thankfully many people close to me love me flaws and all. 

Thank you again for all of your support! :D Keep on reading! 

If you are interested in more things than just my articles please check me out on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. 



No comments:

Post a Comment